GSSD Expo 2022
Advancing South-South and Triangular Cooperation for Sustainable COVID-19 Recovery:
Towards a smart and resilient future
The GSSD Expo 2022 will be co-hosted by the Government of Thailand and the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), and is scheduled to take place from 12 to 14 September, 2022 in Bangkok, Thailand. The GSSD Expo is an annual event organised by the United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC) to showcase evidence-based successful development solutions and initiatives, in collaboration with United Nations agencies and all other partners.
This will be the 11th GSSD Expo, and the first one to be hosted in Asia and Pacific region, it aims:
- To facilitate discussion on how South-South and triangular cooperation can best support recovery efforts, particularly in addressing extreme poverty, food insecurity, vaccination inequality, and other global challenges.
- To identify, showcase, and facilitate the creation and strengthening of specific multi-stakeholder South-South and triangular cooperation initiatives that have the potential to contribute significantly towards a speedy recovery.
- To review and discuss development policies and capacity-building efforts, identifying impediments and remedial measures to be introduced through South-South and triangular cooperation methodologies at the national, regional and global levels;
GSSD Expo Timeline and Key Dates
- 22 November 2021: Virtual Exhibition Launch & Pre-launchSSC in Youth Entrepreneurship Competition
- March 2022: SSC Youth Entrepreneurship Competition,Road show and Training
- June 2022: ESCAP Virtual Exhibition & Activities
- 12-14 September 2022: GSSD Expo - In person and virtual events